Good Practice Guide for Energy Savings
Dear customer, we would like to inform you that at Hotel La Laguna Spa & Golf we are committed to protecting the environment and sustainable development, which is why we ask you to participate in our guide to good environmental practices.
Below, we propose a series of environmental measures with the aim of reducing the consumption of resources and the pollution of our environment.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.
- Do not let the water run from the taps. Make sure they are properly closed. Turning off taps properly makes an important contribution to saving water. One drop per second translates into 30 liters/day (approx. 10% of the average daily consumption).
- Flush only when necessary. Do not use the toilet as an ashtray or waste bin as 10 liters are wasted every time the toilet is flushed.
- To be clean you don’t have to be wasteful. Do not let the water run while brushing your teeth and/or shaving, thus avoiding excessive water consumption.
- To help save water and detergent and thus reduce the consumption of resources and pollution of our environment, if towels are not dirty, reuse them. Let our staff know that you do not wish to have your towels changed.
Help us to make more rational use of water. Together we can achieve this.
- Keep the lights off in the outbuildings whenever you are not in the room/apartment. Make the most of the natural light we have.
- Keep heating systems at a moderate temperature. Just by lowering the temperature by one degree, you will save 6% more of the energy consumed.
- Whenever the heating is on, remember to close doors and windows.
- Do not leave the bathroom light on when you leave the bathroom.
- If you are not using an appliance (TV, radio, etc. ….) it is better to switch it off completely. Even if you leave it on stand-by it can consume up to 1.5 watts per day.
- Separate waste at source: cardboard and paper, packaging, organic, …
- Try to consume products that are not over-packaged.